Multicultural development team working on an SOA e-commerce platform which serves as basis for one of the most popular online shop with electronics in UK – Currys. The platform handles more than 7,000,000 unique visitors per day and processes 8 orders per second during the most busy season. We are continuously improving the platform and looking for new challenges. Currently we are working on complete automation of checkout process, we focus on test automation improvements and we are preparing for next steps in continuous integration. We are agile with the vision of becoming a multichannel leader on the EU market.
- South Moravia
- Full time
- High school
- By agreement
What will you do? You will:
- You will work on one of the biggest e-commerce platforms in Europe
- Facing a lot of interesting business and technical tasks will be your daily job, we are in a close touch with our UK colleagues
- Agile environment – Scrum
- Possibility to use PhpStorm IDE
- You can shine in technologies: PHP, PL/SQL, JS, CSS, Varnish, RabbitMQ, Couchbase,..
- Frameworks and libraries: Symfony
- Tools we use: AppDynamics, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash,...
Now you’re probably wondering what we expect from you? Well…
- You have experience with PHP, OOP and any of PHP frameworks
- You have met SVN/GIT and used framework (Symfony, Nette)
- MySQL or Oracle experience
- You are experienced also in other web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Your English is proper for communication with our foreign colleagues
Extra mile for us:
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Stash, Bamboo, Confluence)
- You have experience or knowledge of design patterns
- You have met also Couchbase, RabbitMQ, Varnish
- Linux/Unix and Bash scripting is familiar to you
- You are experienced in test automation (unit testing and function testing as well)
What we offer to make you happier?
- You can fully enjoy 25 vacation days
- 110 CZK/day lunch vouchers via e-lunch card
- Bonus and loyalty scheme
- Home office, yet office is still partially open, sick days
- Extensive training offer; hard and soft skills trainings, language courses, internal conference and interesting guest speakers, currently in a virtual form. We provide ACCA studies to colleagues from financial departments.
- You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system (holidays, recreation, well-being, work life balance, personal and professional development, literature, e-meal vouchers, etc.)
- Contribution to pension or life insurance scheme
- Discount for mobile contracts
- Company library – you can borrow from wide variety of books on professional development, leadership, business, marketing, public speaking, etc.
- Plenty of social events and charity activities (Christmas party, boat party, Halloween party, football tournament, summer BBQetc.) are temporarily stopped, however we are already looking forward to invite all the new colleagues once we can organize them again
You can find out more about life at Currys via our FB account - www.facebook.com/TechCurrys
Wondering how the offices look like in reality? What’s happening behind the walls? Here is a sneak peek into our daily life at work.